Adam Woodrum has practiced in varied areas of law including many years of employment as both a county and state prosecutor where he gained extensive trial court and appellate court experience. Adam has conducted numerous trials and has argued before the Ninth Circuit Appellate Court on four occasions, winning each appeal including winning two reversals of lower court decisions. Adam then was a private practice law partner with cases including guardianship, criminal defense, family law, employment law, workers compensation, state appeals, and personal injury. Most recently, Adam gained further experience working in insurance defense handling hundreds of bodily injury claims as an attorney for Liberty Mutual Insurance Group.
While in private practice Adam was named both attorney of the month and law firm of the year by two separate legal aid associations. Adam has had articles published in local professional journals in the areas of guardianship and federal habeas corpus. He has instructed at continuing legal education seminars in the areas of guardianship and evidentiary issues.
- State of Nevada
- S. District Court, District of Nevada
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice; Northern Arizona University, 2000
- Juris Doctor; University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2006
- State Bar of Nevada
Publications and Educational Activities
- Guest Speaker; University of Nevada Las Vegas William S. Boyd School of Law (Legal Writing)
- Speaker; “Hearing Tactics: Representing Incapacitated Persons vs. Guardians” (NBI)
- Author; “Representing Adults Facing and Under Guardianship Proceedings” (Clark County Bar Association)
- Author, “Planning for Federal Habeas Corpus” (Nevada Attorneys for Criminal Justice)
- Honorable David B. Barker, Eighth Judicial District Court, Clark County