John D. Hooks is an associate in the firm’s Las Vegas office where his practice focuses on workers compensation and civil litigation defense. Mr. Hooks experience includes all facets of defending clients in both systems. His law school experience as a member of the Intellectual Property Moot Court Team provided valuable training that has helped Mr. Hooks achieve favorable results for his clients.
Prior to joining Thorndal Armstrong in 2008, Mr. Hooks worked for a civil defense firm in Baltimore, Maryland for four years. His practice there likewise included workers compensation and civil litigation defense. Mr. Hooks’ experience across jurisdictions gives him a fresh perspective to solving litigation problems commonly faced by Nevada clients.
- Bachelor of Arts, George Washington University, 2000
- Juris Doctor, cum laude, University of Baltimore School of Law, 2003
- Member, University of Baltimore Intellectual Property Law Journal
- Member, University of Baltimore Intellectual Property Moot Court Team
- State Bar of Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association
- State Bar of Maryland
The Honorable John G. Turnbull, II, Circuit Court for Baltimore County