Originally from Cheverly, Maryland, Brian K. Terry obtained his undergraduate degree in Organizational Communications from Brigham Young University in 1980 where he was on the Dean’s List. After graduation, Mr. Terry served as President of T & T Marketing, a nationwide consumer electronics firm. He also served as a safety engineer for a large mining company and was a certified instructor under MSHA, Mine Safety and Health Administration.
Mr. Terry later decided to pursue a legal career and attended Northwestern School of Law of Lewis and Clark College in Portland, Oregon. He received his J.D. in 1987 and moved his family to Las Vegas where he joined Thorndal Armstrong. He was admitted to practice in Nevada in 1987 and is also admitted to the U.S. District Court District of Nevada and the U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit.
An experienced litigator, Mr. Terry practice entails civil defense litigation, including professional liability defense and construction problems, product defects and insurance related matters, as well as commercial and transactional litigation. He has successfully defended numerous law suits. He also lectures extensively on product liability trends in Nevada.
When not working, Mr. Terry is an audiophile enthusiast and enjoys listening to all types of music. He also enjoys his collection of performance vehicles and takes pleasure in traveling with his family.
Mr. Terry is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Bachelor of Arts, Brigham Young University, 1980
- Juris Doctor, Northwestern School of Law, Lewis and Clark College, 1987
- Chairman, Moot Court Honor Board, 1986-87
- State Bar of Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Defense Research Institute
- Eighth Judicial District Mandatory Arbitration Program Panel