Douglas J. Duesman is a senior associate in the firm’s Las Vegas office. Mr. Duesman focuses his practice on general civil litigation, including insurance and bad faith defense, complex commercial litigation and business transactions. He is also experienced in general liability litigation. Mr. Duesman specializes in cases involving first and third-party claims, insurance bad faith, tort litigation, insurance fraud and declaratory judgment matters related to coverage and extent. He has handled matters involving slip and fall, automobile accidents and dangerous property condition. In the business transactions arena, he is experienced in partnership and shareholder disputes, breach of contract, payment disputes, mechanic liens and tortious interference with contracts.
Managing files from the pre-trial to appellate stage, Mr. Duesman has been successful in defending clients at trial, in mediation, arbitration, and through the settlement process. His strong legal writing and research skills, critical thinking and reasoning skills, ability to present compelling and persuasive arguments to the court and conduct issue analysis assist him in developing aggressive defense strategies.
Using his professional skills to contribute to the community, Mr. Duesman actively volunteers with Clark County Law Foundation’s Trial By Peers (TBP) program, a diversion program used as an alternative for first-time and some second-time juvenile offenders. TBP allows the juveniles to be charged with misdemeanors to be tried, represented, and sentenced by their peers.
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Bachelor of Arts, St. Ambrose University, 1997
- Master of Arts, Social Work, St. Ambrose University School of Social Work, 2001
- Licensed Master of Social Work in Iowa and Nevada, 2001
- Juris Doctor, Drake University School of Law, 2005
- State Bar of Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association
- Board Member, Clark County Law Foundation’s Trial By Peers Program