Nicole made the decision to become a lawyer as a second career. After originally graduating from UNLV with an accounting degree, she embarked on a successful career as an accountant for the next 20+ years. Her varied corporate financial experience ranges from F&B cost accounting to corporate income tax at MGM Resorts. She also worked on the implementation of an online sales tax strategy for Zappos, Inc., a subsidiary of Amazon. In 2015, while working full-time as a Sr. Analyst concentrating on financial systems, Nicole began pursuing her law degree as a part-time evening student at UNLV. During her clerkships at the Nevada Supreme Court and the Eighth Judicial District Court, she supplemented the legal skills learned in law school with practical experience from the judges with whom she worked and will bring those skill sets, along with her extensive financial experience, to her practice as an attorney.
Nicole is originally from Germany and lived there and in the Netherlands for the first 15 years of her life. She arrived in Las Vegas when her stepfather was transferred to Nellis A.F.B. and attended Rancho High School. She met and married her husband while getting her undergraduate degree at UNLV and they have lived in Las Vegas since. Prior to starting law school Nicole completed over 10 half marathons and plans to check off the ultimate personal goal, the completion of a full marathon, within the next couple of years. Presently in her free time, besides getting back to running, she enjoys playing with her golden retrievers, scuba diving and reading by the pool.
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Accounting, University of Nevada Las Vegas, 1991
- Master of Science, Accountancy, University of Nevada Las Vegas, 1993
- Juris Doctor, Cum Laude, William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada Las Vegas, 2018
- State Bar of Nevada
- Certified Public Accountant (Kentucky)
Publications and Educational Activities
- UNLV Gaming Law Journal, Staff Member
- Partners in Pro Bono Program, Student Volunteer
- Community Service Program, Divorce Course Student Instructor
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Elissa Cadish, Nevada Supreme Court
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Jacqueline Bluth, Eighth Judicial District Court